This post is also available in: English
My name is Jessica Scheper, or Jess for short, and I’m a Wellness Copywriter & Coach from The Hague, the Netherlands.
I do 3 things:
- I help businesses in the health & fitness industry increase their brand awareness by delivering creative, soulful, gripping and valuable web content (Dutch and English).
- I help women to step out of their head and reconnect with their body by offering them Surf & Yoga Classes and Retreats.
- I coach people into their dream life.
I’m quite obsessed with teaching people how to empower themselves to live a fulfilling life and feel happy.
Seriously, I drive my family nuts sometimes with all the healthy and meaningful shit I’m trying to impose on them.
So, I thought I’d take it out on you.
Are you stuck in your life?
Do you wake up in the middle of the night, feeling like you shouldn’t be where you are? Do you suffer from anxiety?
It sucks, doesn’t it? I know. I’ve been there, too.
It feels like you have no control over your life and you’re on a path that isn’t yours, taking you further and further from the dreams you once had.
Since you’re here, I assume you have a positive spirit, strong willpower, and are ready to start following YOUR dreams.
But maybe you…
- Have no idea where to start and think you don’t have what it takes.
- Are afraid to do it alone.
- Need some more structure and guidance.
You want to do something that sets your SOUL on fire. Something that gives your life purpose and meaning. Something that makes you HAPPY and EMPOWERED.
Well, I believe you can. Because if I can do it, so can you.
How did I get here?
As I said, I know what it’s like to feel stuck and anxious all the time. I suffered from periods of anxiety and panic attacks between my 15th and my 30th. My dad died when I was 18, so it’s safe to say that could be one of the reasons for my anxiety.
Besides having to deal with the loss of my dad, I also ate like shit. Actually, I ate as most people do. Which is still shit but considered ‘normal’. Processed foods, bread, refined sugar, snacks, alcohol, etc. Which also contributes to a stressed mental state!
Just after my 30th birthday and my fourth period of anxiety, I had enough. I found an article in a magazine about mindfulness and started meditating. Every morning, I would sit for 10 minutes, just watching my breath. It immediately reduced my anxiety.
I had never experienced peace like this before.
It was so liberating! So I decided to do a yoga teacher training and dive into this whole healthy treehugger yogi thing even more.
Long story short: the last 5 years have been one big empowerment boost and I haven’t suffered from an anxiety attack even once.
I made my wildest dreams come true (hosting retreats, teaching surf & yoga, working as a copywriter) and am now living a “#digitalnomadlife” that I absolutely love. I spend most of the year in Bali, surf world-class waves almost every day, and am free to determine my own working hours.
If you would have told me this 6 years ago, I would have NEVER believed you.
All of this happened because I changed 3 things:
- My food (I believe that there’s a strong correlation between happiness and healthy food – you can’t motivate yourself if you eat and feel like shit)
- My mindset (believing in yourself is the greatest power in the world)
- My body (well, not my body – I’m 100% natural – but rather the way I use my body. Exercise is crucial for a strong mental state)
And now I want to help YOU do this.
Whatever your goals are, whatever you’re stuck in, whatever your dreams are, I am here to help. If you need structure, guidance, advise and a practical step-by-step approach to change your life, get in touch.
5 resume fun facts:
- Jess hosted, organized and taught at 6 highly successful Surf & Yoga Retreats for women in the Netherlands and abroad.
- She worked as a Health Coach for BBB Health Boutique where she coached women to become a stronger version of themselves by focusing on 3 aspects: Body, Food & Mind.
- Jess is a 200hr certified Yoga Teacher and has been teaching yoga since 2014 in the Netherlands and abroad.
- She’s been working as a certified Surf Coach since 2013.
- Jess studied Language, Literature, and Communication at the University of Leiden (BA), and Political Science at the University of Amsterdam (MSc – Cum Laude).
Wanna read more?
- How To Improve Your Self-Worth: 4 Ways To Boost Your Confidence
- How Surfing Helped Me Kick Anxiety’s Ass: 4 Ways It Changed My Life
- Fuck It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way
- Introducing Mindfulness: What Is Mindfulness + 10 Easy Exercises
- Yoga For Surfers: Best 7 Yoga Exercises
Before you go, I’d like to invite you to join my email list community. By signing up (it’s free), you’ll get access to my super practical 12 step ebook Supercharge Your Life and learn how to start living your dreams. These are the exact steps that I took to get me where I am today.
You’ll also be the first to know about any upcoming retreats, special email list subscriber retreat prices, free challenges and lots of other goodies.
Click HERE to sign up.
Thanks for stopping by! Aloha,