This post is also available in: English
So sweet! Therese from The Baked Apple (a nutrition student from Norway and an awesome food blogger) nominated me for the Liebster Award, an award giving to bloggers, by bloggers. Thank you so much Therese!!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster is a German word and means something like ‘dearest’. According to wordingwell.com:
“the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.”
There are a couple of things that I need to do.
- Acknowledge and thank the one who nominated me (check).
- Answer the 11 questions Therese asked me.
- Provide 11 random facts about myself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for my nominees to answer.
So, here it goes!
Answers to Therese’s 11 questions
1. Why did you start a blog?
To share my travel/yoga/surf stories with the world! I have been traveling for 14 months now, and there’s so much I want to share still.
2. What motivates you to keep blogging?
I like writing, and it’s something I can’t stop. I’ve had several different blogs before (Green Globe Surfers, Wahine Surfers), co-set up a Dutch online board sports magazine for girls, and was working as a campaigner (lots of writing, pr, social media etc.). It’s just something I really like to do.
3. What do you always keep in your freezer?
Ice cubes! Um, and I used to make a lot of homemade raw chocolate bliss balls (very good: raw cacao, rasped coco, agave syrup, crushed walnuts, raisins, mix it all with some liquid coconut oil, stuff it in the freezer, wait for 30 mins and see if you have the discipline not to finish it all). But I haven’t had a home for over a year now, so now it’s basically anything that I find in the hostel’s freezer.
4. What is your go-to food in stressful situations?
I don’t usually eat in stressful situations (upset stomach). But, if there’s something I have to pick it would probably be chocolate.
5. What is your dream job?
I kind of have my dream job; I’m a Surf Instructor and a Yoga Teacher. I’m looking to organize a Soul Surf ‘n Yoga Week in Bali (and perhaps other countries) this year. All that combined with writing/communication, is for me my dream job come true.
6. Where are you in five years?
Probably somewhere sunny. 😉
7. Which recipe/food do you Google the most?
I Googled ‘how to make a lentil burger’ quite often lately. Costa Rica is pretty expensive, but the lentils are cheap and healthy.
8. What do you look for in a food blog?
Healthy, delicious food that is not too hard to make. Clear instructions, nice pictures. The Baked Apple is a perfect example!
9. What makes you interested in other blogs? (Pictures, text etc.. )
There’s so much information on the Internet, you receive so much input in a day, it’s crazy. Clear, beautiful pictures, easy readable and well written text; it’s all very important to make information easier to digest.
10. What mood are you in right now?
I’m in a relaxed mood. I just surfed one of my favorite lefthanders in the world, did some yoga, and ate some great food (you can pick the fresh coconuts from the ground here).
11. How will you end your current day? (Take a bath, sing etc.. )
Probably with some light yoga or meditation. I use my own yoga sequences normally, but when I want some change or new inspiration I watch the videos from Ekhart Yoga. Ekhart Yoga is an online yoga ‘studio’, run by Esther Ekhart from Holland (it’s all in English though). I love Esther, she’s awesome, down to earth and very soothing to listen to.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m afraid of snakes (especially the poisonous ones).
- I stopped drinking alcohol 2 years ago.
- I don’t smoke.
- I adore cats (my soul/cat mate died 2 years ago and it still hurts).
- I love traveling (no surprise there).
- My family is partly Indonesian (Java).
- Maybe because of that I feel totally at home in Indo.
- The biggest waves I ever paddled into were about 8 feet (the set was huge, I took the smallest one out of there asap).
- I have a thing for turquoise jewelry.
- I always carry food with me in case I get hungry (which is a lot).
- My yoga mat is purple.
These are some of the blogs I follow, and they’re great.
- The Wandering Yogis
- Shine Yoga
- Ocean Girl
- Surf and Fitness Journey
- Yogini in Real Life
- Gotta See, Gotta Know Right Now
- Wander Woman UK
- Sleeping in Savasana
- Melissa and Yoga To Go
- Contorted Strength
my 11 questions to the nominees
- What is your professional background?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is your favorite country?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What are you most proud of?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- What is your favorite food?
- What do you always carry around?
- How long has your longest trip been?
- What music do you listen to?
- If you would win a million dollars, what would you do with the money?
Happy to be a part of this, pay it forward!